As discussed yesterday camping can be a bit hit and miss and you may not be able to arrive together or pitch together.
To increase the chances of pitching together you can:-
- Arrive together and early when there is still plenty of space
- Be less fussy about where you pitch and just look for space.
- All share one tent! (rather depends on your numbers and friendliness!)
- Have a desiganted 'tent erector' who arrives first with the tents and sets up camp
- Use bunting or a groundsheet/rug to mark out a space for your later arriving friends (don't be greedy!)
- Pay extra to get a marked pitch area (not available at all festivals but Camp Bestival has this option
Decorate your spot, use a flag, make it easy to find each other's tents.
Don't rely too much on mobile phones as the coverage can be patchy, better to arrange a time and place.
If you are feeling terribly organised why not see what you are all wearing for the fancy dress and try and coordinate? All clowns or all monkeys etc!